Shop Small for Christmas

Monday, December 9, 2019


Happy Monday! I hope everyone had an amazing weekend! Since it's the holiday season, small shops have been on my mind a lot! Looking back on my Christmas shopping I wish I bought all my gifts from a small shop. I follow a lot of them on Instagram and I love seeing their businesses expanding. It makes me SO happy to watch their stories and hear them talk about how their business brings them so much joy and when someone places an order it means the world to them. How sweet is that? I want to highlight some of my favorite small shops and it's my hope that will you start supporting them too! In the world we live in, supporting them doesn't even mean buying their products! At the bottom of this post I'm going to list ways you can support a small shop without even having to purchase something!

1. Camellia Co - Custom necklaces
This shop is owned by Lexie Murphy and when I say she is one of the sweetest humans, I'm not exaggerating. I posted a photo of her necklaces on my story for small shop saturday and instead of just saying thank you for sharing she offered to send me a necklace! Like what?! This made me so happy and I now have one of the most meaningful necklaces I've ever owned. She plans to open up the shops website in the new year but until then you can just message her on Instagram to order!

2. Shop Free To Be - Custom tees, handmade jewelry, affordable clothing
This shop is special to me because it's owned by an old friend of mine, Maddie Whitten. I am SO proud of where her shop has come! Her shop has custom tees, handmade jewelry, and affordable clothing. I just supported her shop last week by ordering one of her custom crew neck sweatshirts (A&M of course) and I couldn't be more excited! Maddie is amazing and I love watching her business succeed! If you cant support her shop by purchasing a product you can always just follow her Instagram and that would make her just as happy!

3. Michalke Made - Handmade leather accessories
This shop is owned by Kansas who is one of the greatest people I've ever come across on Instagram. Her and her husband started a leather business where they repurpose Louis Vuittion leather into all different kinds of accessories and wow, so gorgeous. I've been following them since the beginning of this business and it has taken OFF. I am so happy for them and love watching all their hard work pay off! They are wholesale only but are now at a TON of retailers. I'm linking two of the retailers but you can google Michalke Made and you can find all different boutiques that you can buy their products at! Harper and Leigh and Yaya Club Clothing

4. Every Little Thing - Custom wood signs
If you've been following me for a while you already know about this shop! This shop is owned by the first friend I ever met here in El Paso and my goodness I am so grateful for her. The shop is closed right now so she can enjoy the holidays with her family but whenever it opens back up you have to get some signs from her! I have multiple pieces of hers around my house and I love looking at them. My favorite ones are the coordinate signs that I have in my office for Dallas and El Paso! You can follow her on Instagram and be the first to know when the shop opens back up!

5. Kanda Candles - Soy Candles
I don't know how in the world I still don't own any candles from this shop but all of my Instagram friends RAVE about these! Kelli is the shop owner and she is a candle genius! I see how much my friends like Morgan from the Olive Branch Cottage love these so they must smell amazing right?! They are super affordable and the names of the scents are enough to make you want to buy all of them. Like Apple Strudle? Fire and Cider? Give me all of them!

6. Casa Benedetta - Apparel, accessories, home decor
This is another special shop because it's owned by a hometown and now home decor Instagram friend, Andrea! You can find SO much on this shop because it has everything you could need for a gift. If you're local to Mckinney, TX you can even go visit the shop in person at Mckinney Square! I love knowing people that have small businesses because I know how hard they work and it makes their success even more sweet. Follow Casa Benedetta on Instagram!

7. Rachel Allene - Apparel, coffee mugs, and more
I've been following Rachel on Instagram for a while and I have always loved her shop. Her shop has SO many products that are amazing from coffee mugs, to sweatshirts, to calligraphy prints. It's literally a shop where if you have no idea what you're looking for, you'll find something and I love that. I feel like I've gotten to know her from her posts and stories on Instagram and she is so incredibly sweet with the cutest little family! When you support her shop you're not only supporting her, you are supporting her husband and her son. Thats amazing isn't it?

8. Barnwood Designed - Hand painted home portraits
If you are ever in need of the most special gift you could ever think of for a friend who just bought a house (or even someone who is living in their first home, just got married, or honestly just because),  this is the best gift idea! Olivia hand paints peoples homes and they are BEAUTIFUL. I need one for my house! She even hand paints dog portraits!! Takes pure talent and she definitely has it! Just go take a look at her Instagram page and you'll be blown away by this girls work!

9. Gently Bound - Painted bibles, journal, apparel
Britt is so incredibly talented. She creates beautiful bibles  hand painted bibles and every time she launches a new product I wish I didn't budget and could buy every single one. My favorite part about following her is watching her stories on product launch days and watching her sell out of every single item she launched. You can just hear the happiness in her voice and it makes me so happy for her! Follow her on Instagram so you can see all the greatness I see!

Even since I moved into my first house I have been obsessed with wreaths. They are gorgeous and make your front door (or where ever you choose to put it) look great! The wreaths created by Tiffany's Wreath Co are absolutely stunning. You can tell how much work she puts into these! She's coming out with a new collection in January and I cannot WAIT to see. Head over to Instagram and follow her so you can see the collection when it launches!

How can you support a small shop without even purchasing a product? (on Instagram) 
1. Follow them 
2. Like their photos 
3. Comment on their photos & tag friends that would like their products
4. Share their photos on your stories 
5. Swipe up on links if they have them in their stories
6. Send them a message of encouragement

XOXO, Ashley Lynn Smith

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright Ashley Lynn Smith. Blog Design by Posh Pixels Co